IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - What ya'll been up to
View Single Post
Old 14-09-2017, 03:18 PM   #17
Daggit
Master of the LFO
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute
"Let beauty loose!" --Nitzer Ebb
MC Status: 8760
Re: What ya'll been up to

I am currently deep into rebuilding my computer DAW on Linux, yet using Windows VST(i)'s, mostly freewares.

I am trying a slightly different technique than I used to.
This time, I'm doing more customizations, more optimizations, and skipping those files that I don't ever use. I'm also using only up to date softwares, instead of what comes with the Ubuntu Studio distro and Wine.

So far it's working out great.
The downside is that certain Windows programs don't work in Linux/Wine, such as MultitrackStudio Pro Plus, my favorite DAW.

The upside is that MIDI and my graphics card seem to run better on Linux, probably because the kernel and drivers are newer. Also, I like the customizations and learning new things. Of course, Linux is freeware so that's appealing too. And I'm not giving up on all the great Windows softwares that I've grown up with.

Next month, when I have some spare money again, I'm going to probably buy a portable field recorder.
I used to have one, and I miss it. (I pawned it when I was really dirt poor).

I have some nice ideas of wierd sounds to record and mix together.
This time around, I'm better at processing WAVs too.

Also in a few months, I'm going to buy a flatbed scanner so I can continue doing digital multimedia artwork.

------------------
{novel, fresh, different, recent, modern, unexampled}
Daggit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote