IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - VCV - Free open source virtual Eurorack!
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 04:12 PM   #6
Dataf1ow
IDMf Artist
Dataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MC
MC Status: 47764252
Re: VCV - Free open source virtual Eurorack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaside View Post
but the constant buying of new additional modules is something I wouldn't like to get into.
Try getting into real modular

I've been following this, as I think the idea is great and the execution looks pretty slick as well, but have yet to try it out. Likely will give it a spin the next time I'm away from my rig and I want to play with some modular ideas.

I haven't tried softtube, but I've been using Reaktor Blocks a TON recently in an instrumental rock project I'm in. Although Reaktor is not free, the concept is the same. The ability to quickly create semi random sequences that sound GREAT, and organically change over time has really produced some very interesting ideas. A bit of a CPU hog though, I wonder how VCV is in that regard. Once VCV gets a vst version going, this may slide its way into my workflow.

------------------
Dataf1ow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Dataf1ow
Metaside (03-10-2017)