IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - What part of the waveform do I start on?
View Single Post
Old 22-01-2018, 12:03 AM   #19
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6906609
Thanked 3,549 Times in 2,148 Posts
Re: What part of the waveform do I start on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyashi Sound View Post
I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not. None of what you just said makes any sense.
It doesn't make sense that displaying a set of still images at a rate of 40ms per image will trick your brain into perceiving motion where there is none?

Well, given that and your lack of cognitive dissonance upon rebutting my lawnmower vs scissors analogy by acknowledging that you own a lawnmower; that doesn't surprise me...

Point is that most software compressors have a lookahead feature so that they can respond to threshold crossings in under 10ms. You claim that your brain is capable of responding to stimulus in less than half that time. Whether you "get it" or not one of these statements is true, the other is misguided.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote