IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - What part of the waveform do I start on?
View Single Post
Old 19-01-2018, 02:23 PM   #13
Iyashi Sound
Knob Twiddler
Iyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9360
Re: What part of the waveform do I start on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Like on Live, auto fades are between 1-4ms. You simply aren't capable of perceiving the difference between these #fact
I like how you think that having sensitive hearing somehow ought to magically make me a TED speaking "influential engineer". ha ha!

I wish that was true

Social anxiety is a bitch though, and having a sensitive hearing mostly just means that you're constantly bombarded by other people's noise.

I'm basically living like an outcast at this point.

But anyway:

I only seek out and cut at precise zero crossings if I'm doing repair work or splicing two versions together. Otherwise I'll just cut and fade where it sounds good.

Also, sometimes jumping from zero can actually add a nice popping or clicking sound to a sample, which can than then be modelled with eqs or filters (analogue filters are especially well suited for this). If you use auto-fades on everything, you'll never even hear those sounds.

So instead of discussing what you think I can or cannot hear, I'd rather urge you to try to be open-minded about it and maybe check it out for yourself.

And of course, just do what works well for you. You lazy sod

I never cut the grass btw. In fact, my lawnmower hasn't left the shed for years and is probably rusted shut by now. I actually prefer it like this - as do the animals that live in the garden.
Iyashi Sound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote