IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Velocity sensitive samplers.
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 08:10 PM   #6
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222283334
Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,760 Posts
Re: Velocity sensitive samplers.

well if you are specifically wanting to do finger drumming stuff I would probably get a quality controller with nice big pads and link it up to your computer or a sampler. most of the time the pads on samplers are there so you can work with a track and input what you need to input, smooth sexy playability is usually not a priority. the only hardware sampler I can think of right now that has large pads is the mpc range and I think those pads are dog shit tbh

ive never touched one of these but traditionally people have always really highly recommended them:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Korg-PadKo...-/232480959446

as far as I'm concerned all akai pads are absolute wank. theres the m audio trigger finger too that has always had good reviews. you can pick up an old one so cheap if you want to try it out. you could use it to trigger your mpx16 if the pads is what you thought was shit about it

EDIT: the best pads I ever touched by a country mile were on my maschine mk1 controller. maybe you could pick one of those up cheap now too

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote