IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - How do I arrange the tune?
View Single Post
Old 14-01-2017, 11:27 PM   #8
Treyt0r
Analog Lurker
Treyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to behold
Sydney
MC Status: 710
Re: "How Do I The Tune?"

I've gotta admit some of the things you are saying are still a little over my head but I'm finding it really fascinating. I suppose I just really need to try everything. I'm still at a point where I just make whatever sounds good to me and find that it sounds similar to (insert genre name here)

That said, I think I can imagine both some really strong advantages and disadvantages to what you're saying about changing everything but keeping the name/genre intact.

It shows a lot of character to layer complex concepts and weave them together, but I also believe there is a lot of merit to ditch the entire idea of genre and let something come that has no definition.
Treyt0r is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote