IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Do you make music you're not familiar with?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 12:48 AM   #1
Kyrpto
Sample Destroyer
Kyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to all
MC Status: 560
Do you make music you're not familiar with?

I haven't been producing for very long (about a year now) but I'm noticing that the tracks that I make are nothing like what I normally listen to. I've been a musician since childhood and come from a rock and blues background. However EDM has always been my favorite genre to listen to.

The genres that I'm interested in generally falls into the House, Trance, Techno...that kind of stuff. Most of the music I've been making so far falls into the Ambient, Downtempo, and Chillout genres somehow - stuff that I never use to listen to. I'm basically just starting to discover this genre of music!

So basically I'm making music that I'm not familiar with. I have no idea how that happened. Pretty weird huh?

This actually got me exploring other genres and studying/learning about genres in general which I think is pretty cool.

Advertisements

------------------
Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote