IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - When to send to labels
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 08:31 PM   #7
theycallmegav
Analog Lurker
theycallmegav has a spectacular aura abouttheycallmegav has a spectacular aura abouttheycallmegav has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210
Re: When to send to labels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ View Post
find labels that match your style of music, more of less. Go to their website, if there's "we do not accept demos", move on, maybe you will catch with them later. Depends on a label, but most prefer full EP/LP demos, some might offer a help with mastering/album art but after they dig your demo submission. Be casual, don't go too formal, let music speak for itself. Before submitting your demo, check label's latest releases and compare your own stuff with them and try to decide if your music would fit in their catalog and if it's in a same level composition and production wise. Use dropbox/soundcloud for your full demo so they could preview stuff from it without need of downloading.
Like I said this post was not so much the labels that I have in mind because I have been researching for a while. It was more the best method, like do I hold them in a private link on SC etc, so they will be the first to hear

thanks

------------------
theycallmegav is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote