IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Dance music Record label open to submissions
View Single Post
Old 14-11-2013, 11:20 PM   #17
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199649168
Thanked 4,998 Times in 3,212 Posts
Re: Dance music Record label open to submissions

Okay back to serious....

Nothing wrong with starting a label or project or whatever at all. But, personally, I think the way to go is to build it first. I'm assuming you don't have a website or you would have linked it, I know you don't have the post count to do that yet, but people find creative ways of getting it done.

What you'll want to do is make something attractive in both layout and concept. Contact some people privately and get them to do some music for you. Promise them some things like I mentioned in my first post. Easiest things to offer out of the gate are promotion and mastering.

Then, once that is in place, announce your project somewhere people know you and start releasing the material you already have over a period of time. Not all at once though because you'll want to build momentum and refine your process.promote each release prior to it coming out so you'll have eyes on the project when the release hits. Before you release anything at all promote the project itself with peeks at what is on the way.

Do all this properly and by the time you get finished releasing the material you collected prior to starting you'll have people wanting to send you material and making contact with you.

In my opinion that's the secret, not threads like this that you see quite often in the independent electronic music world

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to RFJ
Numerical (14-11-2013)