IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - The ultimate IDMf Community project?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #16
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/ŻŻŻŻŻ\/\
MC Status: 389883056
Thanked 3,291 Times in 2,080 Posts
Re: The ultimate IDMf Community project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
I think remix competitions should go in here, obviously. Also if you're posting a community project in this part of the forum it should already be organized I'd think. Like well thought out, with guidelines and dates, not just "anyone want to collab" type affairs.
Yeah I think having a deadline kinda helps to keep things moving along - even for the informal community projects. It makes more sense to come up with a fun idea - like the white noise comp - and close it after a month or two and have the person who started the thread collect all the tracks in the OP. When they stay open ended for too long they begin to feel like a ghost town.

Maybe this isn't the time for it & we can chat about it later...but I think it's maybe also worth considering setting up a bandcamp/soundcloud/youtube etc. in which to compile all the entries for a particular project (for things like the white noise comp). It sucks looking back over some of them and finding the majority of the submissions have been removed. I like the idea of an inspirational archive that's always there...always accessible.
scyn is offline   Thanks