IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Cool new artists/songs in the last 2-3 years?
View Single Post
Old 26-09-2014, 04:57 PM   #6
AlphaQuadrant66
Master of the LFO
AlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant future
Westfalen
MC Status: 1760
Re: Cool new artists/songs in the last 2-3 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinoid View Post
I assume you've heard of witch house? if not, weird genre mix of hip hop beats, lofi saw synths, and all sorts of weird random influences.

Thanks, but I guess that none of your suggestions is my taste. maybe the synth track if it had better vocals. I heard of witchhouse in the other forum ( it was named violent playground btw.) and seemed like a hype ala dubstep to me. I already listened to some tracks ppl. posted there, but I guess I donīt like that style at all.

There were releases from 2 bands which seemed to be quite good in the timespan I mean: SP & FLA. I dont remember any other. However before these there was "plenty" of stuff like Ice Ages, Headscan, Tac. Sekt... but I assume this is already quite long ago(time runs too fast).

Maybe I should have not named it indus what I am looking for but EBM, darkelectro or intelligent electro.

Some albums featering this style eg: yelworC (all?), Individual Totem (SETI&others), Ice Ages (all?), Tac Sekt (all?), Hocico (some - more the middle or early phase), Clock DVA (The Hacker eg.), Haujobb (Freeze Frame.., Covenant (Sequencer, Europa), PP (Entities, IO).... also mentioning the more known stuff (FLA, 242,SP, X-marks, Paracont....,etc.) I also like some more trancy stuff ala Icon Of Coil (which was really good coompared to combi)...

------------------
http://www.last.fm/music/Alpha+Quadrant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-ohoLNTrrk
Apparently the world is an orchestra of assholes, and they're playing in concert. ( hellsicon )
AlphaQuadrant66 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote