IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Metal
Thread: Metal
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #16
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
FL
MC Status: 91357273
Re: Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghytwembpang View Post
emo = emotional hardcore, hardcore and metal are close enough to me to group together - and they're too technical to just be straight up emo, it's mathcore man.

Hellscion: all those bands you listed suck but there ARE great american metal bands. The #12 and Neurosis I already posted, there's also HORSE the Band(yeah yeah 'not metal, emo' - what did I just say? I count it), Sleepytime Gorilla Museum and Idiot Flesh, Detective Jabsco(was this sick ska-hardcore group from Colorado, you can find their only album online still I think, they broke up after that unfortunately), Daughters, Tera Melos, the Melvins...
Neurosis is actually my favorite band

How this evaded me.. perhaps because everything they've released since like 2003(sun that never sets, the eye of every storm), although some of my favorite music, is far FAR from being stereotypical 'heavy metal'.. they seem to be taking more influence from Apocalyptic Folk like Death in June or Swans these days..

But yes I totally contradicted meself there..

edit: also, thanks for recommending some new music to check out..

------------------
hellscion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote