IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Using live FX whilst recording a mix
View Single Post
Old 30-11-2017, 12:22 PM   #1
Entox
Eternal Echoer
Entox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond repute
Bristol
MC Status: 2184
Using live FX whilst recording a mix

Hi all.

Me and a friend have started making some mixes together using 1 vinyl turntable and 1 cd deck that are then routed into my computer via rca cables.

We can record a mix fine but also want to have the option of being able to play live fx etc through my DAW (Reason) whilst we are recording the mix in another program (audacity) using the external turntable and cd deck.

How would we go about doing this?

Currently i am routing the rca in's from the back of my soundcard to the outs on the small mixer i have controlling the two external decks, then the out's from my pc soundcard are going through my main mixer that my speakers (monitors) are connected to.

I get sound from both decks using this method but no playback from pc as obviously my input is coming from the decks small mixer.

Any idea how i would get both sound in and out of the pc and decks at the same time whilst still allowing me to record the live mix?

All too much for my small brain...

Advertisements

------------------
Entox is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote