IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - 24/96 Masters
Thread: 24/96 Masters
View Single Post
Old 18-06-2017, 12:07 AM   #3
Detroit-Berlin
Minor Glitch
Detroit-Berlin is a splendid one to beholdDetroit-Berlin is a splendid one to beholdDetroit-Berlin is a splendid one to beholdDetroit-Berlin is a splendid one to beholdDetroit-Berlin is a splendid one to beholdDetroit-Berlin is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 660
Re: 24/96 Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmodel View Post
Whether sample rates have audible differences has been quite debated. I once read some papers about it and did personal listening and concluded that there's no audible difference.

I also don't understand how higher sample rates could technically sound better, because what's retained is over our hearing range.
The differences may vary from subtle to quite audible but they're certainly audible.
Of course something that once was 41khz will not be hugely different when processed and exported to 96khz but applying higher sample rate processing to lower sample rate audio has it's benefits.
I find it most audible in the bass response, a lot tighter and smoother when handled at higher sample rate.
Detroit-Berlin is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote