IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Why criticize someones art?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 01:20 PM   #9
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 203560
Thanked 4,071 Times in 3,024 Posts
Re: Why criticize someones art?

Quote:
Originally Posted by professurreal View Post
Yeah but someone could criticize the technical aspect of your music such as the mix by making comments such as "the bass sounds a bit muddy so try high-passing this or that synth" or something along the lines. That would be valid criticism that could help you improve your production skills.

I think it depends on what the purpose is. I believe that that is a big part of what then listening booth on this site is about.
And anyway, as someone else has said before, anyone has the right to also voice their opinion even if they are dickheads about it. If someone can't deal with that the. They shouldn't be making their art public.
Not saying it's good or nice or anything, simply stating that it will happen...

Like I said..
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
..and the only critics an artist should pay any sort of attention to are his or her own peers..those who, too, are involved in creating art..everyone else doesn't know shit.
I'll qualify that by adding that everyone else may not know shit, but they do have the right to say whatever they way..but we, as artists, also have the right to tell them to fuck off..or, better still, just simply ignore what they say.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote