IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Max 4 Live or Reaktor 6..?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 12:50 AM   #7
agent
Deep Underground
agent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MC
SEATTLE
MC Status: 528270
Re: Max 4 Live or Reaktor 6..?

Thanks all for the info..

I've decided to go Reaktor, yes I have max, but mainly for the free devices at this time bc, I do find it cumbersome and don't have the time to delve into too much techy stuff like that right now.

My main love with M4L is the Ableton integration where certain devices can effect the way live functions, thats also where most of its issues probably stem from as well.

However, with Reaktor I see a little bit more future proofing as I am trying to slim down my tools I use to software that has multiple functions and is cross platform, so say if I go back to windows or decide on a new DAW, or standalone operation, I can just go to their website and download the latest version or save it to a hard drive and have a version I can run on any current supported OS.

Where as M4L is for M4L and devices made there, at least I dont think so, cant be exported to a VST for use in say Logic or Cubase.

I dont know if Reaktor can do video or move from a audio only environment on a coding level as Max can but thats not too much of a concern.

My main focus is audio effects and MIDI effects which Reaktor seem to have quality, stable and nice looking devices compared to M4L
agent is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote