IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - 24/96 Masters
Thread: 24/96 Masters
View Single Post
Old 21-07-2017, 07:02 AM   #13
destinationsoun
Minor Glitch
destinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 810
Re: 24/96 Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by envelope3 View Post
So I finally ordered the last Tycho record on wax a few days ago. It's not my favorite of his but still like it enough and wanted it in my collection. It came with downloads of course and one d/l was the 24/96 wav files. Gotta say that I was absolutely floored listening to these mixes in that format through my dynaudio reference monitors. This is the first music I've got that wasn't my own in this format and the detail and depth of field just blew me away. I hope this is the norm with new releases because I felt it was on a whole new level.

Anyone else have any suggestions of sonically beautiful hi def releases that are worth checking out?
Now that depends of if you want EDM only. There's a whole world of sonically superior recordings Most are classical, jazz and folk though. a website called HDTracks will get you the more popular stuff in higher res formats. A company called blue coast records will get you folk music.

One of the issues with high resolution, is if someone recorded in lower res, up sampling will not help because the frequencies are not their and aren't ever coming back. Using a software plugin called MusicScope will verify this as true But there are people recording at 9624 or even higher formats that do make a high res release sound incredible! and of course taking a pure analog recording and mastering to a higher res format will also do the trick.

Welcome to the world of high resolution audio! Next step is to throw out all of your MP3's because you will now be mad at them and resent their inferior sound. lol
destinationsoun is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote