IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - What monitors do you have and why would you recommend them?
View Single Post
Old 23-08-2016, 04:42 PM   #7
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214390148
Thanked 2,834 Times in 1,766 Posts
Re: What monitors do you have and why would you recommend them?

I have the Munrosonic EGG 150 and I have them because they are among the best ones I've heard. I love them.
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
http://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/munro-sonic-egg-150

I'm not going to recommend them to you. Instead, I will recommend doing what I did: Go to a music gear store and try out A BUNCH of different monitors (with your favorite music in lossless format). Spend your time listening to them all. Analyze. Dissect. Compare.
Here's the point - pick the ones that YOU like. It's that simple. Don't believe in the hype and "colored cones" suggestions on forums/facebook/blogs/etc.
[also buy the monitors from that store. Support your local businesses. They are dying and going extinct because of the "mega online music stores".]

We all have different tastes, references, backgrounds and previous experience. That's why all "what monitors shold I buy?"-threads ends up in just namedropping (usually low-end/budget ones like KRK, Yamaha, Mackie, M-audio, etc).

It's important that YOU like YOUR monitors. You will spend maaaany hours on them.
Learning monitors (like the back of your hand) also takes time. Years even. So you need to treat yourself with a good start.
JMHO.

Last edited by Evelon; 23-08-2016 at 05:01 PM..

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Evelon
relic (24-08-2016)