IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Adobe DAW? Adobe Audition
View Single Post
Old 17-11-2014, 06:01 PM   #17
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8590180
Thanked 7,985 Times in 5,608 Posts
Re: Adobe DAW? Adobe Audition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanIsElectric View Post
Anyone used this before. Is it more for sound editing than actual production? The reason I'm asking, I love Adobe software. Can't use Corel Draw for shit, mastered Photoshop on my taff. Can't use Sony Vegas. Mastered Adobe Premiere on my taff.

Struggle self teaching myself on the usual DAW fare. If Adobe made a DAW, maybe it would gel with me. I'm not looking to EVER do this commercially. Just as a hobby, a bit of fun so don't want something overly involving that requires you to watch 3 hours tutorials to lay down a bar..
First and foremost, making electronic music totally from scratch is a hobby that *will* require more of 3 hours of learning to get any satisfying results.

If you want something related to music you can get reasonably moderate results in a couple Saturday afternoons buy Traktor and maybe a controller and learn to mix tunes.

That being said, I agree that it is unfair and misleading to really call Adobe Audition a proper DAW. It isn't. For all the reasons listed. It is a post production audio editor. You will honestly get way more frustrated trying to make full tunes in Audition than learning one of the proper DAWs.

My other suggestion, if you are talking about spending Adobe money, is to pick up one of the new Korg Electribes. Everything you need to make a full tune in one box. You can sit on your couch with it and a pair of headphones and fool around to your heart's content. Drum kits, full synth engine, insert and master buss FXs.

Maschine might be another option--not quite a full DAW, but it'll get you there if this is just a hobby. Comes with a boat load of sounds, FX, mixing tools and some Kontakt libraries and Massive.

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
coming soon...monthly mix series...Tunes That Go Boom
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote