IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Mixxx DJ Software
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 05:18 PM   #4
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8565480
Thanked 7,491 Times in 5,290 Posts
Re: Mixxx DJ Software

Cool. Yea. I will grab a copy and let you know what I think versus Traktor. I've also used Numark CUE (ages ago, I think it is something different now). I've also used Serato.

I went and had a look at the features and I honestly see no major differences between it and Traktor (which I've used the most).

A thought on something that is rather inexpensive--there is a pretty cool program called MixMeister. It works more like a DAW and you create mixes by drawing automation curves not in real time. I had a...erm..."borrowed" copy of it a long time ago that I used just to quickly make mixes of my favorite DnB tunes for the car or I would sketch out what I wanted to do then practice making it happen live. I think I had their "Studio" version, but the "Lite" version doesn't seem to be missing anything essential. I didn't double check by the Lite is like 70USD.

If you are just wanting to have fun making a mix of your favorite music one afternoon, something to enjoy at a party later, its a pretty good deal. You can also get pretty creative with cutting and loop audio. You could probably do the same thing in Ableton Lite, but MixMeister is kinda like a no frills, specifically created for making mixes.

(I'd leave a link, but you'll find it if you google it :p)
(Also what I call the Lite version is called Express on their website).

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
A.M (12-04-2017)