IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - IDMf UK Skill exchange live
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
Bio Tainted
IDMf Artist
Bio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MC
Weston-super-Mare/Stafford
MC Status: 9492408
Re: IDMf UK Skill exchange live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
I'm thinking about trying to organise yet another IDMf UK meetup.
I'll fail again, but not for lack of trying.

Instead of meeting in a pub and drinking, I'm thinking about hiring the function room of a pub or something like that, with a basic PA and organise a sort of workshop, where some of us share their tricks/techniques with whoever shows up.
We'd of course advertise it outside the forum as well and we'd charge something like a fiver for the entry, once expenses are covered, the rest goes to either ordering pizza or to the netlabel/forum.

I could do something like an introduction to Maschine, as I think I know it quite well by now, I'd just put the laptop and controller on a table and talk people through.

So, who would be up for it?
Would you rather just come and watch or share/teach something?

I could come and talk about loads of shit,

do a live explanation of my resampling paper i posted on the forum and an introduction to transient designers paper I'm currently written :-)

I think this os the best idea and means its a worthwhile and educational trip

------------------
Bio Tainted is offline   Thanks