IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Concept / Project album - Recorded during cross country trip
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 12:02 PM   #4
PhantomSignal
Soundscaper
PhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond repute
Sonoma /San Francisco
MC Status: 7460
Re: Concept / Project album - Recorded during cross country trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCoB View Post
i'm planning a roadtrip with my family in August to hit up a bunch of nature places in Colorado and Utah and I'm totally stealing your idea. any recommendations for a field recorder?
My entire studio is on my phone, LOL, so I was using my phone's mic to get samples. I ended up going through I-40 most of the way, following along the now decrepit Old Rte. 66. Very interesting indeed. The trip turned into more about the ghost towns left in the wake of progress and the demise of Rte. 66, especially through the 4 corners region and the Amarillo / Tulsa areas. Whole towns that were swallowed up or replaced by mega-travel centers, McDonald's, and cheap gas stations.

It'll probably be next year before I get it out but I did get some great stuff.
PhantomSignal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote