IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - What monitors do you have and why would you recommend them?
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2016, 05:05 AM   #3
Narukami Music
Master of the LFO
Narukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MC
MC Status: 10210
Re: What monitors do you have and why would you recommend them?

Relic is pretty much right. It truly doens't matter what you get or what anyone else will suggest, because if your room is untreated (like most of ours), it truly doesn't matter what pair of monitors you get. Your best bet is to test a couple out and see which ones sound the best to you and are in your budget. Then, just be sure to referrence to tracks on other listening tools (headphones, for example) and ensure they sound right everywhere.

That said, reccomendations aren't a bad thing. At the very least, they'll steer you in the right direction of which brands to look for and what to watch out in the brands you may get.

I have Behringer's Truth B2031A pair of monitors. I got them because, well, they're cheap. They do the job well enough. However, if I do any EQing on them, my tracks will sound very midrangey, so look out for that.

------------------
Narukami Music is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote