IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - The 3,5,7 Method
View Single Post
Old 16-12-2015, 02:15 AM   #6
Sacarious
Soundscaper
Sacarious has a reputation beyond reputeSacarious has a reputation beyond reputeSacarious has a reputation beyond reputeSacarious has a reputation beyond reputeSacarious has a reputation beyond reputeSacarious has a reputation beyond reputeSacarious has a reputation beyond reputeSacarious has a reputation beyond reputeSacarious has a reputation beyond reputeSacarious has a reputation beyond reputeSacarious has a reputation beyond repute
Vancouver Island
MC Status: 3310
Re: The 3,5,7 Method

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
I was more getting at the fact that it's one of the first progressions you'll learn in music and thus it's ubiquitous in music at large. And yes, it is unoriginal for producers (assuming by producer you mean electronic musician) too.

Not really. You can make a 3 5 7 sound interesting, sure. The way to do that is by making it not 3 5 7. But hey, if you want to sound generic and indistinguishable, 3 5 7 every day!
If i posted some examples of my own songs using this, would you provide me some feedback as to what makes them not creative? This is super interesting to me. It reminds me of the three chord punk songs that got so famous back in the day lol.

------------------
Reason-AcidPro-Recycle

TUNEZ
Sacarious is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote