IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - [Seeking] Here's something I'm working on - Need your help :)
View Single Post
Old 27-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #20
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8567130
Thanked 7,524 Times in 5,312 Posts
Re: Here's something I'm working on - Need your help :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
I guess what it is for me is that I am tired of being asked for money. With Indiegogo it's so easy for people to ask for money.

There are so many great causes out there that need to fund-raise - helping people etc. You are asking for money to create a website with the ultimate goal of making profit. I imagine a lot of us are involved with all kinds of charities etc that need money and we don't go spamming our shit all over the forum trying to snag some money. You got your 30 posts and immediately use it to hit up the community for money.

I feel anger.
Man, I feel ya. I think that's the appropriate response. And to add to that, if this goes tits up have the developers really lost anything but spare time? Because if they actually get their 7,000 or whatever, that should be plenty to get this service up and running.

A web developer worth their salt could do this on weekends/at night while holding down a job.

If you took this business idea to a banker they'd probably laugh...because it's been done...and I highly doubt you are going to outdo BandCamp at this point.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote