IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Worth giving away CDs these days?
View Single Post
Old 21-03-2017, 12:15 AM   #26
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8565380
Thanked 7,489 Times in 5,288 Posts
Re: Worth giving away CDs these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificer View Post
I've got a CD player in my vehicle but I have a five minute commute to work and usually just enjoy the silence or walk if the weather's nice. I've got a DVD drive in one of my computers but it's only sporadically hooked up. I've ripped all my records/tapes/CDs to mp3s and they live on my storage with the originals tightly boxed up in the attic. I can stream my collection to anywhere I go if necessary.

Honestly I'm more into natural ambiance than recorded music these days anyway.
I drive about 45 minutes to an hour each way to the town in which two of my jobs are up to four days a week and I've got more music than I have time to listen to. The little lady doesn't care for most of my electronic tastes so its almost the only time I get for dedicated listening. At home if I have the house to myself I'm usually making music.

If things were different I'd listen to more NPR or more slience as well!

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
Artificer (21-03-2017)