IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Qebrus Sound Design?
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2018, 07:19 AM   #14
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 204110
Thanked 4,082 Times in 3,034 Posts
Re: Qebrus Sound Design?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
I was about to mention, @ms_ said something about this guy passing away a little while ago. I had never heard of him, but this is some insane sound design.

Honestly, it doesn't sound like a gimmicky do-this-plugin-and-get-this-sound kind of deal. I also highly doubt that he's using one of those randomizer / tape-stop plugins, because it doesn't sound like absolute horseshit like DB glitch (even on good settings, it seriously sounds like a filler). It's quite possible that this guy has a plethora of skills that he's drawing from in order to make something entirely unique. Like a really solid understanding of sound design and such. Good music though!

Shit, I got necro'd.
I know what you mean about the skills he had..they're clearly evident in his work. My take on it would be he could have used such tools to make the initial sounds..apparently he had some tie with glitchmachines anyway, so it's not too much of a leap to think he used their tools as part of his process.

But it's what he did that sets him apart from your average bedroom sonic builder..IF he did use those tools, then my guess would be he took the sound he got out of them and worked is magic on them during the mixing phase..and that's something no plugin can do out-of-the-box..it takes talent and skill.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
Vault O))) (22-02-2018)