IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Can't come up with new melodies
View Single Post
Old 25-10-2016, 03:43 PM   #19
Lalo
Minor Glitch
Lalo is a splendid one to beholdLalo is a splendid one to beholdLalo is a splendid one to beholdLalo is a splendid one to beholdLalo is a splendid one to beholdLalo is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 660
Re: Can't come up with new melodies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondLeggs View Post
I cant come up with new melodies, I try to make a song/track that doesn't sound like someone elses, but then i realize it sounds like a lot of the Trance/prog house tracks i listen to a lot.

I was working on a completely new version of a progressive/trance 2.0 track i made, since i dont like the way it was originally composed, in fact i deleted it and started anew but I cant get the lead in to not sound like Capetown by Ilan Bluestone! The track is a sequel track to a track by Arty.
One thing which doesn't exactly help with making interesting melodies is too intense, distinct sound of synth. There are synths which can be used for only simple 1-3 notes melodies. You can brake the rule and make them going through many different notes like Squarepusher did in his last album, but that intensity of music isn't accptable for everyone. :mayonesa:
Lalo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote