IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - experimentation.
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 10:05 AM   #2
Crude_beats
Banned
Crude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MC
Rocking my boat across the seven seas
MC Status: 115728
Re: experimentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mute machine View Post
so, I have been releasing some of my demo tracks on soundcloud lately and a lot of the time I feel like I haven't done anything that someone hasn't already, when I was trying so hard to do something different I was never satisfied with my work, I would delete most of my songs and start over so much no-one every heard my stuff... now most of it sounds like chillwave and I like chillwave but not many other people do anymore since everyone thinks it died out... any suggestions on how to fix this feeling?
If you like then what is the problem?

To develop a more original sound I think takes time. At first it will sound unpolished as you try and figure things out. once you understand the sound you wanna make and the importance of various techniques to get it you will grow in confidence and can be more creative around it and create better songs.

I think its a good idea to try make many different sounds so you later can mix the different influences, styles and techniques as you please.
Crude_beats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote