IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Need Advice! All this gear and I donít know where to start
View Single Post
Old 23-10-2017, 11:15 AM   #1
Cjames123
IDMf's latest spammer
Cjames123 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Need Advice! All this gear and I donít know where to start

Let me start by saying that I have been producing for about 12 years with not much luck. Started in the box and landed on Ableton eventually.

Most recently I’ve acquired a decent amount of gear that I just don’t know where to start with. I’m basically looking for your thoughts on what direction I should go in and where to start.

I want to create progressive house, techno, deep house, etc

Hopefully I don’t get bumped into the hardware section as I am looking for Production advice, but I will list my gear below:

Elektron Octatrack MK 1
Arturia Beatstep Pro
Make Noise 0coast
Dreadbox FX Hades Bass Synth
Korg Volca Beats, Sample, and Keys
Korg SQ-1 Sequencer
3 Teenage Engineering Pockket Operators
Focal Alpha Monitors
Beyerdynamics DT880 Cans
MacBook Pro
Ableton Live 9
Behringer Analog Mixer that can pretty much handle all of my outboard gear

I know that with all this gear, plus a bunch of ITB plugins, synths, mixing and mastering tools I can create a bang up sound with a mixture of digital and analog tools. It’s just getting started is where I get stumped.

Anyways, I really want to put my gear to great use to make full songs both to release and possibly play live both as a DJ and create a live rig. The other thought was to sell of all my gear and go full modular.

Any advice on where to get started, what to do, motivation tips and thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I know I’m all over the place but I’m sure you folks out there have some great opinions on the direction I should head in.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Last edited by Cjames123; 23-10-2017 at 11:27 AM..

Advertisements

Cjames123 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote