IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - How do you people use Max/Msp
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #12
Dataf1ow
IDMf Artist
Dataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MC
MC Status: 47764252
Re: How do you people use Max/Msp

I use it for a variety of things.

My most polished patch takes the launchpads 8 rows and turns them into 8 "sliders" that can be mapped to anything in Ableton Live, includes LED feedback, adjustable interpolation, and you can have 4 instances loaded up per Launchpad thus extending the control functionality of the Launchpad.

I do live visual generation with Jitter for VJing or audio/visual performance.

I use it to get data from an Arduino that's reading touch sensors on my bass to control processing in Live.

I made a huge patch that analyzes incoming audio, and resynthesizes it based on the eight most prominent frequency bands. This also contains a step sequencer type thing to control the eight voices. Includes LED feedback on the launchpad.

Other various sample fuckery, sound mangling things. It's rad to the MAX (get it?)

------------------
Dataf1ow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote