IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - I really suck at mastering.
View Single Post
Old 27-06-2017, 09:59 PM   #12
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 22560
Re: I really suck at mastering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
Yeah I've tried mixing around -6db since that seems to be a good range a lot of people talk about. I find it actually sounds worse if I go lower on the overall mix throughout making the track. Because then when I try to bring it up, I'm really hammering on the compression to try and bring it up so it almost sounds worse that way... (I know I'm doing it wrong haha)

I downloaded one of those cymatics projects to see how they got their stuff so loud. When i looked at the master it was all stock ableton stuff, and when I turned all the mastering off to see where it was peaking at.... it was actually redlining haha.

So I'm starting to think a lot of these artists with super loud tracks do the same. The weird thing was, it wasn't super noticeable as distorting with the mastering chain turned on.
yea word of caution dont go off the cymaticks projects there awfully done and pretty much a con.
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to joem
Lotus_Jewel (10-07-2017)