IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Lush Reverb Tutorial Series
View Single Post
Old 30-09-2016, 06:34 PM   #3
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59510
Thanked 1,190 Times in 791 Posts
Lush Reverb Tutorial Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
This made me try my own combination reverb in FL studio (I'm guessing there's a way to do this in Ableton). I took my synth and routed it first so that the volume of the output was used as a CV, then used that CV to alternate between two reverb units: one short ambient reverb that is on when a note is being played, and one long reverb that only turns on when the output from the synth falls below the detection threshold. This gave a clean reverb while playing notes, even fast sequences, but then filled in the empty space when the synth was not being played, no automation necessary.

That sounds interesting. I think it can be done in Live with an effect rack and the max4live envelope follower device.
I'll have to try that sometime

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote