IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (https://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   Listening Booth (https://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   [INDUSTRIAL]Semmath-Fotrox (https://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=149194)

jVs 11-03-2018 08:28 PM

[INDUSTRIAL]Semmath-Fotrox

I've been doing some hardware recordings through Ableton 9 and in doing so, I get results like this.

Dokan 11-03-2018 09:59 PM

Re: [INDUSTRIAL]Semmath-Fotrox

ok, what was that what you recorded? an alien spaceship? orks working in a gold mine?

i think there are beautiful noises happening, cool stuff

... hmmm, so this is chicago house? :punk:

jVs 11-03-2018 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dokan (Post 1472007)
ok, what was that what you recorded? an alien spaceship? orks working in a gold mine?

i think there are beautiful noises happening, cool stuff

... hmmm, so this is chicago house? :punk:

Arturia Minibrute and Drumbrute recorded and processed through Ableton Live 9.

Dokan 12-03-2018 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jVs (Post 1472011)
Arturia Minibrute and Drumbrute recorded and processed through Ableton Live 9.

sorry for the chicago house thing, did you changed the genre name?, i could swear that yesterday there was "chicago house" in your [...] ... maybe i was just mistaken...

jVs 12-03-2018 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dokan (Post 1472032)
sorry for the chicago house thing, did you changed the genre name?, i could swear that yesterday there was "chicago house" in your [...] ... maybe i was just mistaken...

I admit that when I saw the Chicago House reference I was a bit confused. I wasn't sure if it were a clever plug for the TRACK THAT I MISREAD AND CONFUSED AS YOUR TRACK :P or if you might have just been drinking and got beside yourself. (I do this often). No it come off the assembly line of the scruffy city noizwerks as INDUSTRIAL but I think I can put this mystery to rest. I did some meddling like any red blooded adolescent gumshoe and I discovered that JUSTWILL posted a Chi haus track that you commented on. We both posted our tracks at damn near the same time. Which it makes sense to me now. BTW, Thank you for the kind words of encouragement. I think I read a reference to Warcraft 2 when you mentioned Orks mining gold.

I like spacecrafts as well, And until I am called back to my home planet on one of those vessels, I will continue to roar and glitch the language, the songs of my people.

Dokan, Thanks for mentioning that for the sake of clarity. And no need to apologize, I was just as lost in the sea of WtFF?! as you were. *cheers!*

Dokan 13-03-2018 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jVs (Post 1472050)
I admit that when I saw the Chicago House reference I was a bit confused. I wasn't sure if it were a clever plug for the TRACK THAT I MISREAD AND CONFUSED AS YOUR TRACK :P or if you might have just been drinking and got beside yourself. (I do this often). No it come off the assembly line of the scruffy city noizwerks as INDUSTRIAL but I think I can put this mystery to rest. I did some meddling like any red blooded adolescent gumshoe and I discovered that JUSTWILL posted a Chi haus track that you commented on. We both posted our tracks at damn near the same time. Which it makes sense to me now. BTW, Thank you for the kind words of encouragement. I think I read a reference to Warcraft 2 when you mentioned Orks mining gold.

I like spacecrafts as well, And until I am called back to my home planet on one of those vessels, I will continue to roar and glitch the language, the songs of my people.

Dokan, Thanks for mentioning that for the sake of clarity. And no need to apologize, I was just as lost in the sea of WtFF?! as you were. *cheers!*

yeah, i realized as well that it must have been JUSTWILL`s track with wich i must have interchanged your track :rolleyes:
you know, for me it made totally sense... because i thought it was a nice joke of you calling this chicago house :D
no, actually i was not drunk :P

No, not really a reference to warcraft... i was just thinking about something that i feel this sound reminds me of...

"I like spacecrafts as well, And until I am called back to my home planet on one of those vessels, I will continue to roar and glitch the language, the songs of my people." ... word! :punk:

Roo Stercogburn 18-03-2018 01:02 AM

The right-ear stuff is great and shouldn't be so much right-ear.

tristcarmichael 22-03-2018 10:16 AM

Hardware vs software. Its always something I try push for myself. Cool track! What hardware is it?

jVs 29-03-2018 05:56 AM

Arturia Drumbrute and Minibrute v1.

Plague 29-03-2018 04:00 PM

Cool stuff. Reminds me to use my minibrute more often. But since I got this Modular, all my hardware-synths are covered in dust.

jVs 30-03-2018 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plague (Post 1472953)
Cool stuff. Reminds me to use my minibrute more often. But since I got this Modular, all my hardware-synths are covered in dust.

Hey man, If those baddaddies have CV I/O you've no reason to de-dusterate them as you go forth and patch young man. Feel the voltage filter through your veins.

Plague 30-03-2018 09:27 AM

Nord Lead and Blofeld don't have CV. The synths will be de-dusted, because I will use them live. I build a Live Rack and the Minibrute will be the controller/Midi-to-CV!

jbvdb493 30-03-2018 03:13 PM

Very cool sketch, I really like the sounds, just doesn’t sound complete imo!
Go flesh it out! And post up a full version!