IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (https://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   Listening Booth (https://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   [Drum & Bass] v​Mc​ - Flip&Rejuvenate (Original Mix) [w.i.p.] (https://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=148477)

tvmcc 03-11-2017 07:24 PM

[bass/brks/halftime] v​Mc​ - Flip&Rejuvenate (Original Mix) [w.i.p.]

Quick preview of something I've started, and wanted to share on a friday! yeee.. happy friday!!! :drinks:

tvmcc 05-11-2017 05:37 PM

Re: [Drum & Bass] v​Mc​ - Flip&Rejuvenate (Original Mix) [w.i.p.]

nearly 200 views, only 9 plays, and many feelings of frustration!

Anyone at least willing to share insight as to why people view my threads, but either never listen, or don't reply?

I can take being told my music sucks, or that people don't care for me, but would really love some honesty!

Thanks in advance

PeteVai 05-11-2017 05:52 PM

This is clearly not my style, as I don't really listen to drum and bass or know anything about how it should be structured/mixed.

I do know that we're in a forum where we should try to help each other as much as possible and that's what I'm gonna try to do!

Overall this seems like a track to trip to, as there are some super disturbing and crazy sounds along the way, there's not exactly a groove (again, not into DnB so idk how it should be). I think there's potential but needs some improvement in the mixing and a clear structure.

tvmcc 05-11-2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeteVai (Post 1462901)
This is clearly not my style, as I don't really listen to drum and bass or know anything about how it should be structured/mixed.

I do know that we're in a forum where we should try to help each other as much as possible and that's what I'm gonna try to do!

Overall this seems like a track to trip to, as there are some super disturbing and crazy sounds along the way, there's not exactly a groove (again, not into DnB so idk how it should be). I think there's potential but needs some improvement in the mixing and a clear structure.

Thanks for offering your help.

I should label this accordingly, however with so many people getting caught up on labels it's not exactly easy to draw people in with "avant garde".

As for your kind remarks as to the structure. I hope to gain your ears once the full arrangement, editing, resampling, editing, restructuring, resampling, editing, mixing, and preview mastering has completed.

Totally agree with my initial mix here. Guess I got so caught up on just coming up with a foundation that I wasn't bothered to do a full blown mix session.

Greatly appreciate your time and effort to listen, respond, and offer some outside ears/thoughts on this project! :drinks:

PeteVai 05-11-2017 06:47 PM

I'll be here for that mate!

As for the mixing, it's nothing urgent as this is just a preview, so the mixing ain't the most important for now.

Cheers

Cirush 06-11-2017 12:46 AM

It doesn't sound me like DnB. Is like experimental music but reminds me to noisia . Surprisingly I like it and if you like it end it up. Is true that you should arrange it better because we can't differenciate parts in the song.

tvmcc 08-11-2017 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cirush (Post 1462978)
It doesn't sound me like DnB. Is like experimental music but reminds me to noisia . Surprisingly I like it and if you like it end it up. Is true that you should arrange it better because we can't differenciate parts in the song.

Yeah m8. It's more of a halftime type thing, innit? You're right in that it is a bit of a Noisia type tune. As they are also making more halftime tunes.

Will end up reposting once I have worked further on this one.

Thanks again for all the feedback, and so on! Big ups!