IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (https://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   Listening Booth (https://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   [Tech House] Voyidge - Do Not Dance (https://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=149202)

wipeout 13-03-2018 05:33 AM

[Tech House] Voyidge - Do Not Dance

Working on this. Let me know what you think!

JKillz 14-03-2018 12:38 AM

Re: [Tech House] Voyidge - Do Not Dance

Pretty catchy track, has a pretty clean sound on my end. I wasn't a huge fan of the voice sample (personal taste) but would have been cool if he said Dance right before beat kicked back in.

Other than, I liked it :)

bbb 14-03-2018 05:34 AM

I agree, it has a full track feel and mix-wise is good. I don't personally know much about house overall, though.

pkreegi 16-03-2018 07:07 PM

Yeah, The vocals need some work. Doesn't Sound like its meant to be There. Try mixing it in with a bit of reverb and eq cuts on lower end

Edit: lol damn this autocorrect kicked in hard. Fixed it

wipeout 16-03-2018 07:47 PM

Yeah after listening again the vocal seem to be sitting on top of everything too much. I've been playing around importing and processing text-to-speech generators as a substitute for finding vocal samples. I'll have to put more time into it this weekend.

localspace 17-03-2018 02:28 PM

Nice track, but I really dislike the vocal too.
Wild suggestion: don't use any vocals.. they don't fit, vocal don't fit this. It would be a better if you focused on the mechanical quality and maybe build on those gated pads a bit more: add more, bring them out front, something like that. Another idea would be to mess with the timing on the bass, like flipping the pattern on it.

Roo Stercogburn 23-03-2018 11:48 PM

The vocal is what makes it not ordinary however it does jar a little. Not much though. I suspect some careful EQ and maybe a few FX and it would blend better. Also, there are a few key areas where they are noticeably out of time. "Now" "Dance". Get these nearer on the beat and a few of the other bits of voice-over and it won't jar so much. *Not* all of the speech. Just carefully chosen bits here and there. It will retain its off-kilter hit but at careful moments things will be in sync and maybe have a little more effect.

Hope this helps.

Dudewill 31-03-2018 08:52 PM

I like the straightforward sound you have here. The bass doesn't really cut too deep on my headphones, especially after the first break. I think the elements overall are a bit too mushed together, something you could probably improve with a bit of subtractive eq to carve out some space and compression to bring out the transients.
The staccato lower frequency synth that comes in around 1:50 especially could use some more punch and character. I also think it might be obstructing the low end a bit, removing some of the nice punch you have before introducing it? It also sits a bit too back in the mix now imo. Good production overall though, I like it!