IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (https://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   Industrial / EBM / Power Electronics (https://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Good (not directly) Underground Industrial (https://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=141026)

GudUsarnem 14-11-2015 01:23 PM

Good (not directly) Underground Industrial

Does anyone know good bands that ARENT Heavily known?(not directly underground)
Im tired of people telling me the same artists over and over again.(KMFDM,NIN,SP etc.)(They arent bad,but it doesnt help that its almost impossible for me to find something else)
Some noice and industrial hybrids would be great.
No clone artists,please.
I already know off Esplendor Geometrico,SPK and Throbbing Gristle

jbvdb493 14-11-2015 03:47 PM

Re: Good (not directly)Underground Industrial

I have been all about orphx and geistform recently, they are more industrial techno but both quite good!

Schnork 14-11-2015 04:12 PM

Portion Control - british group found 1980 and Cabarait Voltaire (you probaply know) come to my mind. I'll check my industrial folder on the laptop later - It's been a while since I was into that kind of stuff.

Nystagmus 14-11-2015 08:22 PM

Re: Good (not directly) Underground Industrial

I think a lot of the same bands come up a lot because there's not been a lot happening in industrial since the 90s. And those bands back then that were good made their historical marks. I could be wrong, but that's my educated guess.

but as for old stuff... theres Spahn Ranch, PCB (Contagion album).

MikeyOSB 14-11-2015 08:59 PM

Youth Code is pretty good, but their lyrics are kind of preachy.

MikeyOSB 25-11-2015 06:08 AM

When you say underground, do you mean stuff that isn't among the all time greats or stuff that isn't mentioned that much? My previous post was about the latter, if you mean the former I can think of a whole lot of bands.

dada_davros 25-11-2015 08:41 AM

badmotor 25-11-2015 10:13 AM

Free teef?

Prevert 25-11-2015 07:23 PM

If you want unheard of industrial artists I can direct you to about as obscure as it gets.

Prevert takes elements from all genres of industrial, but mainly focus on the late 80's/early 90's sound.

I cant post the link but just search for Prevert on Bandcamp or Cdbaby.

Sencesor 25-11-2015 08:15 PM

Gerechtigkeits Liga

[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Sencesor 25-11-2015 08:43 PM

For something more recent...

Tollund Men

:heart:

nymphelle 09-12-2015 11:55 PM

sutcliffe jügend's 1997 album ripper victims was remastered this year or last year.
eating scabs for protein (free on bandcamp)
karass how to make love to a machine
mutant video missing fingers CS

:hi:

Svitlana 12-12-2015 10:17 PM

Portion Control is really great band. Remarkably, after reorganization it has remained at the same level. Such rarely happens

Sencesor 12-12-2015 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Svitlana (Post 1371850)
Portion Control is really great band. Remarkably, after reorganization it has remained at the same level. Such rarely happens

Indeed.

Such an amazing track... over 30 years old, still sounds fresh.

Vlantis 13-12-2015 04:23 AM

Automageddon 13-12-2015 12:58 PM

The band I used to collaborate with, Satanismo Calibro 9

Headstar 09-01-2016 05:42 PM

I agree with those who have mentioned Portion Control. They're great, and aren't getting anywhere near the kind of attention they deserve. I really like their newer stuff too. Also check out bands like The Klinik and Vomito Negro.

oDDgOD 22-01-2016 08:27 PM

Do you consider acts on Metropolis to be underground since the mainstream doesn't know about Metropolis, or no because they're the biggest label in the genre?

I'd recommend Revolution State. Their best known work is probably the songs they wrote for VAC, but their own music is really good. Kinda hard to track them down though as they don't seem to update their site or social media very often. Their track "My Other Heartbeat" is probably one of my top 5 favorite songs of all time. I believe they identify as powernoise though, not technically industrial.

MikeyOSB 01-02-2016 06:14 AM

jVs 03-02-2016 03:57 AM