IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (https://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   IDMf Netlabel Albums + Discussion (https://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   **OUT NOW** Kris Cadwell - Just Grow [IDMf040] (https://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=123947)

Benwaa 31-07-2013 09:44 PM

**OUT NOW** Kris Cadwell - Just Grow [IDMf040]

[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Download this entire album FREE here:
[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

IDMf040
Kris Cadwell - Just Grow

Anyone with a good eye for cartoons would surely have to second guess themselves if they tried to overlook an album featuring a tribute to Adventure Time.

[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...] Just Grow opens with Zos, an array of synth goodness and wonderfully squelchy
sound design that somewhat masks the mysterious melody and mature composition that lurks behind it.
A Tribute to Adventure Time follows, miniature assaults of a kick drum, quiet and gentle but rapid nonetheless,
sitting behind mad cymbals and electronic snare rolls with a composition that nods toward the golden era of video game soundtracks.

Even the song titles are notably interesting.
New Game seems to reflect the glitchy lo-fi influences of the album, whilst "A Russian Novel" seems to
evoke pure intrigue and mystery, and you have to love the name "'Kitten Battle in Space".

Just Grow is a delightful collage of crafted contrasts and originality. Doubled up snares spit and stutter,
cymbals snapped and broken over quiet piano like synthesizers. Perfectly designed glitches satisfy the ears as they work hypnotic backgrounds.
The composition is deep and thoughtful. It's refreshing to hear an artist who can write
music to be both melancholy and playful at the same time, with a myriad of crafted sounds and new ideas to boot.

Tracklist

01. Zos
02. Tribute to Adventure time
03. Just Grow
04. Kitten Battle in Space
05. A Russian Novel
06. School of Epileptic Gnosis
07. New Game+
08. NMDA
09. Will and Representation
10. Essence of Ashes

DOWNLOAD FREE:http://idmfnetlabel.bandcamp.com/album/just-grow-idmf040

Credits
released 01 August 2013
Netlabel organized by the [Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...] community
Artwork: Kris Cadwell - Layout: Scyn
Video Editing: Noodles
Mastering: Ben "Benwaa" Walthew - [Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

"IDMf040 - Kris Cadwell on [Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...] is licensed under a [Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

SKYCORE 31-07-2013 09:59 PM

Re: **OUT NOW** Kris Cadwell - Just Grow [IDMf040]

LISTENING BRB

Oatbag 31-07-2013 11:30 PM

Namey - you just reconfirmed yourself on my list of favourite IDMFers.

SKYCORE 01-08-2013 03:17 AM

YO, great album. very tense, frantic at times and lovely at others. i def like the piano themes and the drum programming was also tasty. nice release IDMf~ loved A Russian Novel/Essence of Ashes/Zos/the epileptic genosis school yard one :mayonesa: :mayonesa:

RFJ 01-08-2013 02:32 PM

Finally going to have a tad bit of time to listen to this today.

Finally.

Can't wait.,

Nyul 02-08-2013 09:36 AM

Great album, awesome music! Will be listening more to this :)

relic 02-08-2013 02:29 PM

Gotta get on this : ) The preview was pretty interesting!

bbb 02-08-2013 03:58 PM

I'll be DLing this when I get home from work. Tonight is going to be drinking/listening to music night I think. If not tonight, over the weekend.

cyclops 02-08-2013 09:20 PM

so....which user is Kris Cadwell....?
out of curiosity.

RFJ 02-08-2013 09:23 PM

cyclops 02-08-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFJ (Post 1126923)

his profile picture offends me....i don't think i shall be listening to this album. :sleep:

:problemofficer:
i kid...i downloaded and will be listening to it shortly-ish.

Oatbag 02-08-2013 10:07 PM

He doesn't talk on the forums a ton - but he's on the irc somewhat regularly.

fid 02-08-2013 11:02 PM

firing it up

ChrisJansen 10-08-2013 12:49 PM

Congrats and well done!

Very cool tune - Just Grow.

Aspiring stuff buddy, keep it coming!

nametag 13-08-2013 11:54 PM

Thanks everyone, glad the album was enjoyed.