IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (https://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   Workstation Center (https://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Focusrite Interface Owners - Free Plugins (https://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=137324)

badmotor 06-02-2015 02:13 AM

Focusrite Interface Owners - Free Plugins

If you have a Focusrite Interface, chances are you can now log in to your global account and download the Red suite (compressor and EQ). Originally, they only gave them to certain interface owners and excluded others (6 series for example) but people started writing angry emails (blatant racial interface discrimination) so now they seem to have released them to the others.

On initial testing, the Red compressor sounds quite good.

[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

iDoG 06-02-2015 03:59 AM

Re: Focusrite Interface Owners - Free Plugins

wow, 300 US bucks for that? so basically now anyone who wants to buy that can just go and buy Scarlett Solo for a 100 bucks and just get it that way. interesting business model. :)

badmotor 06-02-2015 04:14 AM

Yes, they have interesting tactics.

Creepr 09-02-2015 09:46 PM

So...How much are these like the midnight plugins? Since these are so expensive in comparison(at least they were), is it safe to assume they are all around better quality, or are they just different? I will try them all out to be sure, but some sage advice would be most welcome.

badmotor 09-02-2015 11:54 PM

Yeah... the controversy is that people are saying they sound exactly the same. Like they are basically the Midnight plugins with a new GUI.

Creepr 10-02-2015 12:13 AM

I just now finished installing them all, including the Scarlett package. that makes 3 EQs and 3 Compressors from the same company with no clear explanation from them what the diffs are... :rolleyes:

twilitez 10-02-2015 04:43 AM

I dont think ive ever logged into their site, but this is worth figuring out my account info (if i have any yet) i guess :P

tomkillsjerry 20-03-2015 08:33 PM

may have to check it out.

BlindfoldKnobs 06-11-2016 09:47 PM

Confirmed: the Red Compressor is indeed a great plugin.

iDoG 09-12-2016 02:08 AM

looks like continue to offer free plugins. Izotope's granular delay, DDLY, is one until the end of the year. and some other stuff.

[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

oDDgOD 14-12-2016 05:22 PM

I just downloaded these a few days ago when I registered my new 2i2. Haven't had a chance to mess with them yet but looks like there could be a couple gems here. Can't seem to find the right link to download the BIAS plugin tho.

Beid 27-01-2017 12:10 AM

I have the scarlet focusrite but I'm not sure if I have the downloads that u r talking about. I will look tonight though and would highly prize any tricks with it as I've had for a year and am very comfortable with. I really like for field recordings or to use for film sound as portability with laptop is really excellent. Focusrite giving 100 option was in good faith for yahoos like me who would never pay 500

iDoG 27-01-2017 03:27 PM

And now they are giving away full version of Addictive Keys. Just installed and sounds pretty great to me. It's about 1.2G download.