IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (https://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques (https://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   Can not automate re fx nexus 2 delay (https://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=144213)

D42K732202 06-08-2016 08:27 PM

Can not automate re fx nexus 2 delay

Im unable to automate re fx nexus 2 delay, almost any refx knob can be automated with "last tweaked" function of fl studio exept delay, it creates cool scratching effect, but i cant automate it, any help ?

joem 06-08-2016 09:09 PM

Re: Can not automate re fx nexus 2 delay

dont use nexus then problem solved

D42K732202 06-08-2016 09:16 PM

:(

666 06-08-2016 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joem (Post 1408586)
dont use FL Studio then problem solved

FTFY

D42K732202 06-08-2016 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666 (Post 1408594)
FTFY

and switch to ableton ? no tenks

vashima 06-08-2016 11:08 PM

What parameter are you trying to automate?

White Noise 06-08-2016 11:35 PM

I encountered something like this in FL studio a few years ago for an effect. I cloned the effect to an extra effect slot in the mixer and then set up the on/off amount of the individual effects to crossfade between the two of them. I created an automation clip for one and linked the other knob to the same clip with "-1* input" as the mapping formula. I'd try something similar with the volume knobs in the instrument/pattern rack and a clone of the synth routed to the same mixer channel.

joem 07-08-2016 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666 (Post 1408594)
FTFY

i use studio one any way so thats made you look like a big idiot

D42K732202 07-08-2016 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Noise (Post 1408598)
I encountered something like this in FL studio a few years ago for an effect. I cloned the effect to an extra effect slot in the mixer and then set up the on/off amount of the individual effects to crossfade between the two of them. I created an automation clip for one and linked the other knob to the same clip with "-1* input" as the mapping formula. I'd try something similar with the volume knobs in the instrument/pattern rack and a clone of the synth routed to the same mixer channel.

yeah thats fine if you want automate dry\wet, but i want to automate delay time :'(

White Noise 07-08-2016 09:05 AM

In my case, I was crossfading between two types of distorition, but yes, I can see how that wouldn't work for delay time.

New idea, clone the instrument a BUNCH of times, set the delay time different on each one and do routing the same for each. Then create volume automation clips for each one, crossfading between all of them.

More seriously, have you considered just running the synth dry and using a different delay in the mixer effects? I don't know if the Nexus delay can do anything super special that other delays couldn't or if there's some other reason you want the use the built in delay, but if not, then why not bypass the issue?

EDIT: Just re-read the OP, I see now this has a particular effect you like on the sound. And likely, my mega crossfade idea wouldn't leave that effect intact either. I'd take a look at the IL website and forums, maybe someone there has figured this out or it's in their extensive online manual.

aLiner 07-08-2016 10:33 AM

if I were you I would make an audio recording while you're moving the knob by hand and then place the audio in the mix, I can't imagine that you would want to continuously automate the delay time knob

666 07-08-2016 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joem (Post 1408599)
i use studio one any way so thats made you look like a big idiot

It wasn't about you, I was just being a turd toward the OP

(sorry, OP)