IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (https://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   Music Scene Chat (https://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   List of Experimental Record Labels to Submit Demos (https://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=147468)

ambtconnoisseur 10-07-2017 03:06 PM

List of Experimental Record Labels to Submit Demos

Hey all,

I'm closing in on finisihing an album and am looking into finding labels that specialize in ambient/drone/experimental music to submit a demo to. I've run a search on this site, but didn't really find much of what I'm looking for. Ideally, a good list would be nice, but any one-off suggestions would be great too. If I need to, I'll certainly do my own Google research and then post a comprehensive list on here. In fact, I may do just that and incorporate any suggestions folks may have.

If it helps for suggesting labels (since I cannot post links of my music), I have two projects I'm working on. The main project is not really close to finished, but it consists of mangled orchestral/classical samples, granular synth textures, and synth textures made with my Korg MS-20 Mini. The project I have that is pretty much completed, is slowed down recordings of ambient algorithmic tracks from patches I made from scratch or tweaked (not that any of that matters, just being detailed, as I use presets too) with my Novation MiniNova. My collaborator coded (in "C" and runs through the CMD prompt as an .exe) a fairly complex algorithmic MIDI generator using Markov chains and other techniques to create user defined melodies, rhythms, scales, chord progrssions, tempo, key, etc. The result is mathematical music that has a surprisingly expressive quality or atmosphere about it. Anyway, hopefully knowing more about my music will yield more appropriate suggestions.

Thanks!

- ambtconnoisseur

Vault O))) 11-07-2017 07:57 AM

Re: List of Experimental Record Labels to Submit Demos

There are a lot of them, and listing them would take way too much time, so good luck on that front.

You might be shocked at what you'll find when using discogs.com on artists in your similarity-neighborhood. Most of them are probably defunct by now, but it's the primary way I've found out about any netlabel to release my drone / noise on.

When they all turn up dead, don't be afraid of a little DIY, either. Experimental is the realm for that, it's not a popularity contest :)

ambtconnoisseur 14-07-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vault O))) (Post 1452492)
There are a lot of them, and listing them would take way too much time, so good luck on that front.

You might be shocked at what you'll find when using discogs.com on artists in your similarity-neighborhood. Most of them are probably defunct by now, but it's the primary way I've found out about any netlabel to release my drone / noise on.

When they all turn up dead, don't be afraid of a little DIY, either. Experimental is the realm for that, it's not a popularity contest :)

Good call on the DIY method. I think that's the route I'll go for now.

Black-Antlers 08-08-2017 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambtconnoisseur (Post 1452400)
Hey all,

I'm closing in on finisihing an album and am looking into finding labels that specialize in ambient/drone/experimental music to submit a demo to. I've run a search on this site, but didn't really find much of what I'm looking for. Ideally, a good list would be nice, but any one-off suggestions would be great too. If I need to, I'll certainly do my own Google research and then post a comprehensive list on here. In fact, I may do just that and incorporate any suggestions folks may have.

If it helps for suggesting labels (since I cannot post links of my music), I have two projects I'm working on. The main project is not really close to finished, but it consists of mangled orchestral/classical samples, granular synth textures, and synth textures made with my Korg MS-20 Mini. The project I have that is pretty much completed, is slowed down recordings of ambient algorithmic tracks from patches I made from scratch or tweaked (not that any of that matters, just being detailed, as I use presets too) with my Novation MiniNova. My collaborator coded (in "C" and runs through the CMD prompt as an .exe) a fairly complex algorithmic MIDI generator using Markov chains and other techniques to create user defined melodies, rhythms, scales, chord progrssions, tempo, key, etc. The result is mathematical music that has a surprisingly expressive quality or atmosphere about it. Anyway, hopefully knowing more about my music will yield more appropriate suggestions.

Thanks!

- ambtconnoisseur

Sorry I don't really have anything to add, do you have a sound cloud?

FATE ÆFFECT 09-08-2017 03:49 AM

We are always looking for experimental releases. We don't just do experimental stuff though...
http://www.slicerecords.com.au
http://slicerecords.bandcamp.com