IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (https://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   Music Scene Chat (https://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   on the 1st of january im going on holiday for 2 month.. cant practice!! (https://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=127426)

SlimShady94 23-11-2013 01:14 PM

on the 1st of january im going on holiday for 2 month.. cant practice!!

sup guuys? in exactly 38 days i'm going on holiday for 2 months! (hell yeah!) im very happy, but lately I've been getting into the world of making beats, i'm studying like crazy everyday, so sometimes when I think about leaving i'm like "oh damn, I cant practice over there, will I forget everything I learned up to now?" so I thknk like its "useless" what im doing now, what you think??

lolirl 23-11-2013 01:16 PM

Re: on the 1st of january im going on holiday for 2 month.. cant practice!!

I couldn't care less tbh.

Nyul 23-11-2013 01:17 PM

It isn't useless if you're having fun right now.

Can you bring along a laptop? Or perhaps there is a computer over there that you may use? An iPad or some other small hardware synthesizer/groovebox might also work.

SlimShady94 23-11-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inertia (Post 1174121)
It isn't useless if you're having fun right now.

Can you bring along a laptop? Or perhaps there is a computer over there that you may use? An iPad or some other small hardware synthesizer/groovebox might also work.

mm I don't have a laptop, there's a computer over there that I could use but I should install a DAW etc and I won't have the time =/

Numerical 23-11-2013 01:30 PM

Just like, drink and fuck people or something. That's probably what I'd try to do. Well no, that's just a glorified version of what I'd try to do. Really it'd be the same thing as usual, booze and occasionally saying wow I drink alot of booze.

Numerical 23-11-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolirl (Post 1174120)
I couldn't care less tbh.

I'm oddly kind of deeply invested in this guy's holiday, for some reason. Git some?:blink: Yeah, man. That's what I think I'm trying to say here. To be quite honest I've had a few. Ok, no I worded that wrong. Quite a few.

But no enough about ME let's talk about this guys vacation. Kind of curious how in 2013 people cant just make fresh funky beats with just a typewriter and some envelopes out in the family cabin on lake Mead or something. you know, ruffing it.:problemofficer:

SlimShady94 23-11-2013 02:20 PM

haha ok I got it, I should just have fun and don't think about it, im going to Sydney anyway!

Numerical 23-11-2013 02:40 PM

Well you know what good for you man. I know what I'll be doing on the 1st of January and I can assure you it's not going to be anywhere near as fun as what you're doing. HINT: I'll be sitting in this same fucking chair typing some inane shit on IDMf.

Kvlt O))) 23-11-2013 03:53 PM

Even though you're clearly trolling (and somehow it's kind of cute), I agree that 2 months is a long time to go without making music. Depending on $$$, you could get a DAW for your phone or tablet, or you could search eBay / craigslist for a cheap laptop that will run at least an older / lite version of Live.

RFJ 23-11-2013 04:02 PM

I knew it.

Do you have another account on here where you post normally?

ms_ 23-11-2013 05:49 PM

Probably yet another Kvlt's (exNoise) account. I know that he's a huge fan of Eminem. He even has Eminem's face tattooed right beside his "Cut 4 Jesus" tattoo on his chest.

Kvlt O))) 23-11-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms_ (Post 1174185)
Probably yet another Kvlt's (exNoise) account. I know that he's a huge fan of Eminem. He even has Eminem's face tattooed right beside his "Cut 4 Jesus" tattoo on his chest.

How'd you know I was cut?

SlimShady94 23-11-2013 09:48 PM

why the hell you keep saying im trolling, im not! it was just a question, go on futureproducer.com in the getting started section go on gearslutz.com in the rap + hip hop section, I asked the same damn question! thanks for the answers though

RFJ 23-11-2013 09:58 PM

So be it...

If you have accepted that this will be a lifelong endeavor then a 60 day break shouldn't concern you. One thing you could do is take that time and read as much as you can on process and technique so you have plenty of things to start trying upon your return.

Bringing up futureproducers doesn't help your case that much on the I'm not trolling front though.

Kvlt O))) 23-11-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlimShady94 (Post 1174263)
why the hell you keep saying im trolling, im not! it was just a question, go on futureproducer.com in the getting started section go on gearslutz.com in the rap + hip hop section, I asked the same damn question! thanks for the answers though

I think you just described trolling / spamming to a T.

(Don't mind me, I'm just fucking with you)

g0lem 24-11-2013 01:58 PM

i once went on a 60 day vacation.
then i came back and invented rap.