IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (https://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   Breakcore / Breakbeat / Drum & Bass (https://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Spor - should he come back or is his Feed Me alias all we need? (https://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=122933)

M.D.M. 28-06-2013 06:01 AM

Spor - should he come back or is his Feed Me alias all we need?

Spor... Should he come back or is his Feed Me alias all we need?

Evelon 28-06-2013 06:59 AM

Re: Spore... Should he come back or is his Feed Me alias all we need?

Can't he be both?

PROton42 28-06-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evelon (Post 1111782)
Can't he be both?

Obviously you don't fucking get it.

<3

It's okay I don't get it either.

Spwhorkur

Oatbag 28-06-2013 07:05 AM

Maybe he could come back as Spor.

Or Spoor.
Or Spwhoooor.

M.D.M. 28-06-2013 07:05 AM

It just seems he's been away from the D&B scene for a bit now.....

Son of Akira 28-06-2013 07:17 AM

[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Triton64 28-06-2013 10:13 AM

he should probably just do what he wants to do.

relic 28-06-2013 02:49 PM

He can call himself Skullfuck Willy for all I care as long as he starts making that sweet, sweet neuro dnb again...

Spyderbyte 06-07-2013 01:26 AM

Personally I've found his work as Feed Me to be much more compelling, but seeing as he's already been releasing music under both aliases I don't see why it shouldn't continue. Ziggurat/Push Me, Pull You was a great release under Spor, and actually better than his older DnB releases IMO.

Mctoast 06-07-2013 02:36 AM

After the level of whoring out, I'm sure there's nothing to return...

Sky Swallower 06-07-2013 02:37 AM

Fuck, man. I know this guy who has like 50 aliases

thisENIGMA 06-07-2013 11:09 PM

Absolutely wish there was more Spor. Spor was so sick.

GuyWithSausageF 15-08-2013 08:27 PM

Re: Spor...Should he come back or is his Feed Me alias all we need?

I love the Spor works, but there's no way he could or would go back to it and that sound after Feed Me and it's total mainstream appeal. He just makes way more money this way and the sound is very sold out. I still like some of the less boring Feed Me stuff, but he has no incentive to go back, and even if he did, I don't think it would sound much like how Spor used to sound

h3xal1te 17-08-2013 04:03 PM

I can't really decide if I want Spor to come back or not. His tunes got me into D&B (alongside Black Sun Empire) and I have almost all of his stuff on vinyl, but his most recent 12" for Lifted (Ziggurat) was pretty weak to my mind. I suspect any future material will be more like that which isn't massively to my taste.

I really want him to write more Seventh Stitch stuff. There's a few tunes floating around Youtube, go look for them - Spor's take on IDM.

Spyderbyte 18-08-2013 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h3xal1te (Post 1133669)
I can't really decide if I want Spor to come back or not. His tunes got me into D&B (alongside Black Sun Empire) and I have almost all of his stuff on vinyl, but his most recent 12" for Lifted (Ziggurat) was pretty weak to my mind. I suspect any future material will be more like that which isn't massively to my taste.

I really want him to write more Seventh Stitch stuff. There's a few tunes floating around Youtube, go look for them - Spor's take on IDM.

I did not know about Seventh Stitch... thanks for the tip!

Sundans 21-08-2013 11:52 PM

He could simply release his neurofunk and techstep shiznap under the alias Feed Me for all I care. I just want more goddamn neurofunk...

afferik 06-01-2014 01:13 AM

I would be really stoked if he released more stuff under the Spor alias. I still like a lot of his music as Feed Me, even though some of it feels like it's made only to please the dudebro-dubstep-audience ;)

genom audio 12-04-2014 10:24 PM

Come back!

h3xal1te 12-04-2014 10:42 PM

He posted on Facebook last month saying...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feed Me
Next EP (part 1) finished next week, should be released very shortly after, followed by part 2, on Sotto Voce. Album 2 is taking shape also, hopefully late summer....Spor and Seventh Stitch after that.

[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

I'll believe it when I see it, plus I'm not holding my breath - his last release on Lifted as Spor was pretty weak IMO. I still hold out hope of him producing tasty neuro, plus it'd be great to see his Seventh Stitch IDM-ish stuff see the light of day. Few tunes on Youtube, really lush kinda downtempo vibes.

h3xal1te 21-10-2014 02:21 PM

Looks like we're getting that Spor album: