IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (https://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques (https://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   What makes this sound? (https://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=148720)

0m3nC0w 13-12-2017 10:44 PM

What makes this sound?

Wondering if anyone can tell me what makes this sound at exactly 47 sec into the track. You'll know it when you hear it (it's the instrument making the lead melody, or rather some software perhaps).

[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Link is in "reason for editing" below.

Thanks -0m3nC0w

relic 13-12-2017 11:05 PM

Re: What makes this sound?

Hey man. Hope you came here to become an actual member and not just get your question answered. I helped you out, but best read the forum rules for the future. I’ll have a listen here and try to help you out.

The high pitched sound? That’s just a vocal sample pitched up a fair few octaves. I’m not hearing anything else that comes in exactly at 47 seconds.

A.M 13-12-2017 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by relic (Post 1465561)
Hey man. Hope you came here to become an actual member and not just get your question answered. I helped you out, but best read the forum rules for the future. Iíll have a listen here and try to help you out.

The high pitched sound? Thatís just a vocal sample pitched up a fair few octaves. Iím not hearing anything else that comes in exactly at 47 seconds.

Yeah..what Relic said..plus it might even be a sample taken from a "Deep Forest" track..do a search over on YouTube and you'll find them easy enough. They tended to use a lot of "rain forest tribe" sort of samples on their tracks back when they were making waves in the 90s..I think.

SamWeath 16-12-2017 05:46 AM

It's a sampled piece of a vocal which is used as a synth. You can cut it, load into a sampler and set some portamento and you will be done. :)

Vault O))) 16-12-2017 07:22 AM

I'm willing to bet it's her vocals being resampled, TBH.

pepehands 18-12-2017 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vault O))) (Post 1465757)
I'm willing to bet it's her vocals being resampled, TBH.

Probably, yeah... it's not that difficult.

You can find information indepth about this kind of effect if you search a tutorial on "vocal chop" or "vocal slice" and how to do it, OP (I can't send you a link, but it's really easy to find on youtube).

xxi 27-04-2018 11:13 AM

vocals resampled/pitched?

StampedeMe 01-05-2018 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.M (Post 1465564)
Yeah..what Relic said..plus it might even be a sample taken from a "Deep Forest" track..do a search over on YouTube and you'll find them easy enough. They tended to use a lot of "rain forest tribe" sort of samples on their tracks back when they were making waves in the 90s..I think.

DEEP FOREST :o:o:o
My damn childhood casettes!

I know like 29343986 people already said this but not meaning to spam: Yes, it's the vocal pitched up. If you got the song, OP, just pitch it all down and you'll hear (most likely) something close to the original vocal.