IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (https://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   IDMf Classifieds (https://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   (Seeking) Broken KORG microkey (https://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=129489)

NeonGnats 30-01-2014 08:13 PM

(Seeking) Broken KORG microkey

Hey everyone! Im seeing if anyone out there has a busted up KORG microkey. 37 key i believe is the one. It can be virtually smashed, banged, nearly destroyed, and/or unplayable. Only thing is i need it to connect to the computer and have operational USB ports. One of the tiny little connector dudes on the board for mine got busted if somehow, so i figure easiest route is to swap that board. Thanks!

Evelon 30-01-2014 09:28 PM

Re: (Seeking) Broken KORG microkey

Lol. Can't you just get the suitable USB connector (or resolder the one that has come loose)? It's probably $1.

NeonGnats 30-01-2014 09:55 PM

Problem is its not the actual USB port that's damaged. The damage on the board is what's causing the lack of connectivity. Im not exactly sure what they are called, since i haven't looked into it yet. But its very very tiny little connections that i believe link circuits together on the board itself? I am planning on experimenting on it (just because i can't break it any more than it is!), but i figure the best bet is to just get a new board with all the "circuits" in tact. That i at least know will fix the problem. lol.

But i did think it was the USB port at first until i saw one of those circuits break off. So even if it was just the USB port, i wt least know i have a problem lol.

Evelon 30-01-2014 10:30 PM

Ok. I see. I thought it was just the USB (which usually is quite fixable if you are a DIY kinda guy).

Automageddon 30-01-2014 10:34 PM

You can usually get spare parts from Korg customer support, just try writing them

NeonGnats 30-01-2014 11:53 PM

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I tried contacting them last time to get it fixed on its warranty, so they responded then let the warranty burn out :(
Still interested in a broken one though to just go crazy with the leftovers in an artistic decorative fashion..... as long as i can pull what i need out lol

lolirl 02-02-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeonGnats (Post 1201156)
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I tried contacting them last time to get it fixed on its warranty, so they responded then let the warranty burn out :(

How does that happen?
If you contacted them before the warranty had expired then they should've created a job number for it on that day and it almost shouldn't matter how long it takes to arrive.
Breach of warranty is illegal, perhaps remind them of that.