IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (https://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   Quarterly Album Writing Month (QAWM) (https://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   [MAWM] brn20's Songs (https://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=132353)

brn20 18-05-2014 02:47 PM

[MAWM] brn20's Songs

Hello. I'm going to try to get a few tracks finished for QAWM, although I'm a little bit behind. Anyway, here's the first one - cheating a bit since I started it ages ago, but came across it recently and finished it off. It's called 'Sun Down'.

Br/ainfu+ked 18-05-2014 07:07 PM

Re: [MAWM] brn20's Songs

track isn't available won't play

brn20 18-05-2014 07:12 PM

Whoops! It's private at the moment - looks like you can't embed private tracks using bbcode. Does the link work?

[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

bbb 19-05-2014 12:12 AM

The stereo is pretty sweet on this. Liking the extended break at the end.

Br/ainfu+ked 19-05-2014 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brn20 (Post 1238001)
Whoops! It's private at the moment - looks like you can't embed private tracks using bbcode. Does the link work?

[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

yea this link works

it has an interesting beat, the pluck doesn't quite sync with the drums, it has a polyrythmic
feel to it, kinda jazzy to

brn20 22-05-2014 07:48 AM

thanks for listening, chums. I'm off for a few days but will hopefully upload another track on Monday when I get back.

A.M 27-05-2014 11:19 PM

Yeah..I agree with what B/F said..but I've got to add I'm a sucker for brass sounds in general and this sure has plenty of em. :D

I liked it though..and you certainly have a lot going on in that mix..interesting to say the least.

Automageddon 29-05-2014 02:55 PM

Nice track, lots going on in the background, lovely strings

brn20 29-05-2014 08:04 PM

Ta dude, appreciated. I know I've said this already, but I will definitely upload at least two tracks this weekend - one's another one that's been sitting around for a while, a reworking of a Bjork song with pan drums. The other is a sort of grime beat thing that I think sounds quite cool so far.

relic 10-06-2014 06:47 PM

Really nice head nodder here my friend. Deep, dark vibes on this one : ) The riddim is quite nice.

brn20 11-06-2014 07:10 PM

thanks man. you may have noticed that i didn't upload any other tracks in the end - that's partly because someone (who also posts on here, i think) got in touch about putting out an EP through bandcamp, so i figured i'd work on the song i was planning on uploading more and put it on that. i will put up the bjork reworking i've had sitting around for ages though.

relic 11-06-2014 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brn20 (Post 1246539)
thanks man. you may have noticed that i didn't upload any other tracks in the end - that's partly because someone (who also posts on here, i think) got in touch about putting out an EP through bandcamp, so i figured i'd work on the song i was planning on uploading more and put it on that. i will put up the bjork reworking i've had sitting around for ages though.

Sounds like you have your priorities right.

scyn 11-06-2014 07:48 PM

The timing of certain elements is really cool with this...there's moments where it feels like it's faltering, then it rightens itself again. Strange atmosphere you've created...can't quite decide the picture to go along with it yet :).