IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (https://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   Workstation Center (https://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Any DAWs or patches that allow multiple players to jam in perfect sync? (https://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=148855)

soundmodel 10-01-2018 07:46 PM

Any DAWs or patches that allow multiple players to jam in perfect sync?

Any DAWs or patches that allow multiple players to improvise/jam electronic music in perfect sync?

relic 10-01-2018 07:54 PM

Re: Any DAWs or patches that allow multiple players to jam in perfect sync?

I know Bitwig allows for some kind of real time collaboration, but I don’t think its meant for in-sync live jams. Even if there were software specifically for this, it would depend on both parties’ internet connections. I’m not an expert in software or networking/internet, but my gut says if this existed, it’d be pretty well known.

jbvdb493 10-01-2018 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundmodel (Post 1467683)
Any DAWs or patches that allow multiple players to improvise/jam electronic music in perfect sync?

You have reason, it works with ableton link to synch via wifi.

Edit: corny promo video, but there, people jamming in sync:
[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

DoYouSeeWhatISe 12-01-2018 04:51 PM

Hey, Ableton Link works wonders for midi.

Check out a side project I did : Soundcloud.com/version58

It was created all live in real time, improvised, with 3 musicians using Ableton Link. Each of us individually had our own loop stations, and we synced them through ableton link. It was so much fun and really easy to configure.

If you are all in person together, this is a great way to jam. If you are trying to do this remotely over the internet, I think we need at least another 5 years for a smooth programs that would be accessible to the lay-person.

Let me know if you have any questions about it....otherwise the only thing I can recommend is a midi solutions box. If you find something for live streaming internet jams, let me know ;)

relic 12-01-2018 05:02 PM

Wow. I didnt realize Ableton Link was that sophisticated. Cool.

KaOsphere 13-11-2018 11:11 PM

Have you tried Max/msp or Usine Hollyhock ? The y can fill the bill nicely...

White Noise 14-11-2018 05:55 AM

I'm sorry I don't know the dev off the top of my head (I think it might be Korg) but there's a DAW for nintendo switch that looked really cool. Haven't checked in on it in a while.

Schnork 14-11-2018 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Noise (Post 1488180)
I'm sorry I don't know the dev off the top of my head (I think it might be Korg) but there's a DAW for nintendo switch that looked really cool. Haven't checked in on it in a while.

Wasn’t that Korg Gadget for Nintendo Switch?

Edit Here‘s an article that mentions multi player capabilities
[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Automageddon 14-11-2018 10:15 AM

As many said, any DAW or app that supports Ableton Link.
Link is a very nifty tool, for example I can use it to sync my MPC Live over wifi to a range of iPad apps, and no Ableton necessary.
It's really good for electronic jam sessions.

Vault O))) 14-11-2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbvdb493 (Post 1467686)
You have reason, it works with ableton link to synch via wifi.

Edit: corny promo video, but there, people jamming in sync:

Enthusiasm level: "Hi, Propellerheads and Ableton just created the cure for aids"

Automageddon 14-11-2018 01:32 PM

The possibilities of this are great, I've seen live jams where people would run apps on their phone to give them a midi out sync to Ableton Link, then pass the midi out to their hardware gear...