IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (https://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   Tutorials Section (https://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190)
-   -   Plugin Showcase: Snowflake (https://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=149020)

Syllix 09-02-2018 04:23 AM

Plugin Showcase: Snowflake

Hey guys,

I made this tutorial / overview of a plugin I find myself using a lot these days because of it's unique features. It's a free instrument plugin (requires full version of NI Reaktor though) made by boscomac. This plugin's parameters use percentage values rather than static / permanent values when tweaking knobs. For example, turning up the Octave knob means it's more likely that the notes being played will be played an octave (or several octaves) higher than the original. The result is you get randomness (or chord inversions if playing chords) in a very musical way! It's a lot of fun to play just on its own or layered with other synths / instruments.

Hope you find this useful!

[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Parricide 09-02-2018 12:28 PM

Re: Plugin Showcase: Snowflake

looks interesting. is it sample or oscillator based? i like the concept but would like to have a poke around under the hood to make it more versatile.

A.M 09-02-2018 03:05 PM

Thanks for this..looking forward to playing around with this later. Just took a look at that site and there's some really interesting things on offer there..a real find. :good:

Parricide 17-02-2018 10:41 PM

ive been playing around under the hood with this for a couple of hours and added some features.

its a nice synth. quite basic when you open it up, but the concept is great for what it is trying to achieve.

i added a speed range as well as an amplitude range control to the vibrato, still using the random concept to select the position within that range for each note.
i did a similar thing with the reduce section, the drive section, and the release time for the "textures" envelope, and added the option to adjust the filters cutoff and resonance in the same random manner.

A.M 18-02-2018 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parricide (Post 1470469)
ive been playing around under the hood with this for a couple of hours and added some features.

its a nice synth. quite basic when you open it up, but the concept is great for what it is trying to achieve.

i added a speed range as well as an amplitude range control to the vibrato, still using the random concept to select the position within that range for each note.
i did a similar thing with the reduce section, the drive section, and the release time for the "textures" envelope, and added the option to adjust the filters cutoff and resonance in the same random manner.

Is that "added" as in "in your daw"..or "added" as in actually "added to the program itself"? IF it's the latter, then I'd love to try that out, too. ;)

Parricide 23-02-2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.M (Post 1470504)
Is that "added" as in "in your daw"..or "added" as in actually "added to the program itself"? IF it's the latter, then I'd love to try that out, too. ;)

the latter.
its not really in a nice state. the controls are dotted around away from the actual GUI, but they function.
i will PM you the file.

A.M 23-02-2018 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parricide (Post 1470856)
the latter.
its not really in a nice state. the controls are dotted around away from the actual GUI, but they function.
i will PM you the file.

I care not a jot what it looks like..as long as it works. :lol:

PM received and answered. ;)

Syllix 24-03-2018 06:35 AM

Happy this quaint little synth is getting some attention :)