IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (https://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   Community Projects (https://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=198)
-   -   60 Hz Underground (https://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=147113)

Oatbag 01-06-2017 03:29 AM

60 Hz Underground

Round 2! It's time to make some BASS MUSIC

http://i.imgur.com/mwfn5ad.jpg

Album is now out here!!!! [Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Mysta Fx and Qianta shared the win for IDMF Club Bangerz by winning the popular vote with 21 votes each!!!

This time around, we aren't going to take any chances...
60Hz Underground is bringing in a CELEBRITY JUDGE

ill-esha will decide which of us is the reigning BASS... Master?
[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

There will be a prize for the winner - gift certificate with Junodownload.com of amount to be determined.
Everyone, regardless of experience/skill level is welcome to participate in this compilation and... you will have your song included.
In order to make this fair to everyone, obvious piss-takes and low effort songs will not be included in this compilation.

Your task:
Create a Bass Music song - you decide what this looks like, but sub-bass (below 80Hz) must be a MAIN ELEMENT of your song.

PM me a downloadable link to your unreleased song.

Here's some inspiration -
[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Besides the documentary, that channel has lots of good stuff. Hell you can also check out material from our judge at her website listed above.

The rules:
Songs are due by Friday, July 14th midnight PST
Songs should be in wav/aif/flac format - something uncompressed that Bandcamp will let me upload. (this is different than last time)
Songs should sound the way you want them to - there will be no professional masterizing or even LANDR.
Songs are once again owned by you, with rights to be used by me for purposes related to this compilation. Feel free to share them/sell them on any platform you like a month after this project releases!
Multiple submissions are allowed, but it is possible that only one may end up on the final tracklist (depending on number of entries)

PM me or comment here if you have any questions, comments, stoke about this project!
I'll update this thread as things develop!

Qianta 01-06-2017 03:50 AM

Re: 60 Hz Undergrund

first

relic 01-06-2017 05:03 AM

So much fuck yeaaaaaassssshhhhh

MFXxx 01-06-2017 07:54 AM

lolirl 01-06-2017 07:57 AM

Good stuff. :notafinga:

Muse-ic 01-06-2017 09:01 AM

Awesome! :)

thom 01-06-2017 02:24 PM

You're kind of a hero of mine, Oatsies.

MFXxx 01-06-2017 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thom (Post 1447216)
You're kind of a hero of mine, Oatsies.

professurreal 01-06-2017 06:49 PM

Awesome! I already started something and kinda almost have half a tune. It's obviously still pretty rough but it'll get there. :mayonesa::yo::D

brb 01-06-2017 10:25 PM

Re: 60 Hz Underground

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oatbag (Post 1447167)
...In order to make this fair to everyone, obvious piss-takes and low effort songs will not be included in this compilation.

Translation: No brb.

I'll just have to work harder at being less obvious.

VOLUME 2! YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHBUOY!

relic 01-06-2017 11:19 PM

Id also recommend checking out the DMZ label for some classic Dubstep stuff. A lot of good stuff on Planet Mu as well.

Saw a fella named Hop (German I think) play an amazing slow build half time feel live set at El Club in Detroit...will post a mix when I find one.

White Noise 02-06-2017 04:25 AM

I've never done bass-heavy music or the surprise genre I'm going to attempt to cross it with, but I'm downloading sample packs now. My preview of the samples is my research. I've never downloaded so many sample packs for one song, I feel dirty all over. This must be right!

A.M 02-06-2017 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Noise (Post 1447297)
I've never done bass-heavy music or the surprise genre I'm going to attempt to cross it with, but I'm downloading sample packs now. My preview of the samples is my research. I've never downloaded so many sample packs for one song, I feel dirty all over. This must be right!

Welcome to the gutter..I'll move over and give you some room. :D

djoxygen 02-06-2017 12:33 PM

oatbag u r KILLIN IT on the releases & comps- bravo good sir, bravo bravo!:drinks:

Oatbag 02-06-2017 03:12 PM

I've started a couple somethings but I think they may be false starts. Luckily we have a lot of time.

relic 02-06-2017 06:38 PM

If this doesn't get you in the mood, the mood ain't in ya!

Qianta 02-06-2017 09:57 PM

i like how the comments are closer to the beginning, nobody has lived through the mix enough to put a comment deeper in the mix

Oatbag 02-06-2017 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qianta (Post 1447409)
i like how the comments are closer to the beginning, nobody has lived through the mix enough to put a comment deeper in the mix

they all ded

relic 02-06-2017 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qianta (Post 1447409)

That describes everything over five minutes on sound cloud ever.bleh

relic 03-06-2017 02:34 AM

Ok this is xposted but...its really relevant and really good...