February Album Writing Month 2020

Another one started I guess. I need to spend the 2nd half of the month really trying to finish these up, I think. Added it to my playlist as well.

Iā€™m done with my EDM/dnb influenced fawmā€¦wont do anymore edits of the tracksā€¦being that I want to move on and start making another glitch ep and take another shot at le woulg vaetxh sound

I hope you use that stuff I replied to the other day. Sounded neat.

@bbb I never got anythingā€¦iirc I only did one remix and that was a few years backā€¦unless your talking about in terms of feedbackā€¦I confuseā€¦

The stuff i said sounded almost industrial.

Oh you mean the harmor granular destruction of a drum break I posted in the create today threadā€¦ I am gonna use itā€¦

also uploaded my fawm to bc to free up space on my sc

Do we need a separate thread for excuses for failing FAWM misarably?
I feel like I could contribute to that thread quite a lotā€¦

I donā€™t think it was a fail. No matter how many tracks got posted. I personally got a handful from it that I want to try to put together, finish, etc.

And I got to hear some other stuff from people whether it was one or more. IRL is King!

Apologies if this was somehow repeating but, Iā€™m actually attempting to throw some stuff at the forum to see what sticks, so to speak. I think Iā€™ve currently collected 4 or 5 things, but this week might end up with 1 or 2 more, based off my work chilling out for a week, weekend.

Iā€™m seriuosly hoping I complete the projects previously to me touching this idea, and after get done. I might even dump my other project afterwards. Really needs to be seen where I am, I guesss. Nowhere. =D

I think overall was good, mine was a bit of a fail.
But soon I should be able to make public the reason why I failedā€¦

Iā€™ll guess some good ole job action. :wink:

Actually not this time.
One reason was that I switched to an Akai Force and the learning curve was more than I expected, I got lots of tracks to a good stage but none I was happy with.
Second was a slight confusion about how I want to sound.
Third was ā€˜soon to be not so secretā€™ thing with Roo and the non-music aspect of it.

ok so febbebruabury ended i hope iā€™m not the only one with some semblence of an ep thing

Well I did just finish a track, but itā€™s not an "Automageddonā€™ track, so that doesnā€™t even countā€¦

I just ā€œfinishedā€ my FAWM project. Ended up with 4 I like, maybe a 5th bit itā€™s like a 1m thing anyway.

The process was fun and I hope to show it soon. But the best thing is that I get to move on to pulling my Digitakt back out and trying to use it more.

I think thatā€™s my next set of inclusions for my next projects. It must be involved, at some level.

It was a joy to see, read and hear the other projects as well. The others including themselves in the thread and monthly activities, however small or big.

Also, @Auto-meh-geddon even though you say that isnā€™t an Auto track, it still reads that way. You have your elements in it.

I love this song of Phil Collins, by the way do you guys plan to continuing album writing month next year?

If others want toā€¦

If you have an idea for an awm make a thread for it in the community projects section.

Me personally i ran out of ideas for awmsā€¦

My energy is focused elsewhere at the moment.

:grin:

If people were interested in the actual challenge ā€“ creating 14 rough sketches of songs in 28 days, I might be interested. Typically the IDMf version ends up getting pretty watered down from the original concept. I also understand that electronic music is a bit different than someone with an acoustic guitar writing 14 ditties/noodles.